WE INVITE YOU TO TRY THESE RECIPES AND ENJOY THE GREAT TASTE, EASY PREPARATION AND GREAT NUTRITION IN HEALTHY EATING.
The raw brownies can be doubled if you need more but keep in mind they should be cut small as they are packed with flavor and very dense. You can make them without the cherries and additional nuts if you want to. They are a huge hit with everyone we make them for. These are Lin's recipes, she does the marketing for our center but is also a raw food chef and we certainly appreciate all her contributions!!
Yield: 1/2 dozen brownies
- Organic Ingredients
- 2 cups walnuts
- 6 T pitted dates (warm and chopped)
- 7 T carob or cacao powder
- 1 t cherry or vanilla extract
- 2 dashes sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 chopped walnuts, pecans or vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried pitted cherries, chopped
- 3 T filtered water
- Put 2 cups of walnuts in a food processor with the S-blade, and grind them until they are the consistency of a meal.
- Loosely separate the dates, and add them to the food processor. Continue to process until mixture is well combined. Add the cocoa or carob powder and extract and process to mix. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining nuts or chips and the cherries to the brownie mix. Sprinkle with water. Mix well with your hands.
- Pack the mixture firmly into a 7x7 inch brownie pan. Chill at least one hour before slicing and serving.
- Store in an airtight container for a week or in the freezer for 3 months. .
- 1/4 cup of pitted dates soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 3/4 cup mashed avocados (1 1/2 avocados)
- 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, raw cacoa powder or carob powder
- 1/4 cup water
Place the dates, maple syrup and optional vanilla in a food processor and process, add the avocado and cocoa powder, process and add the water
WHATEVER YOU DO : ENJOY IT !!!
Source: RAW FOOD MADE EASY by Jennifer Cornbleet (great starter raw recipe book!) .
- add 5 leaves of fresh mint to the food processor and create a Mint-Chocolate Mousse
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 cups pure, cold-pressed safflower or olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of water (purified)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- Dash of cayenne (optional)
Beat egg yolks for 2 minutes in a food processor or with and electric mixer. Pour 1 cup of the oil into a measuring cup. Very slowly drizzle a thin stream of oil from the cup into the yolks, while beating at high speed, until all has been used; mixture should become thick. Drizzle remaining cup, still beating on high speed. Add lemon juice, water, salt, and mustard; mix.
The mayonnaise is ready! Enjoy!
Keep in a container with a tight fitting lid and refrigerate until ready to use.
This recipe makes 3 cups of mayonnaise.
(Makes approximately 8 cups)
- 2 regular sized butternut squashes - baked and removed from skin
- 2 cups organic chicken broth or vegan non-chicken broth ( I use Imagine brand)
- 1 14oz. can coconut milk
- 4 tsp. chopped cilantro (or 2 tsp dried cilantro)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh ginger (or to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
Step 1 - Place your pre-cooked squash, broth, coconut milk, dried cilantro, and ginger in a large food processor. Blend.
Step 2 - Turn on your stove and warm the ingredients in the pot.
Step 3 - Serve and garnish with fresh, chopped cilantro
Eat and enjoy!
-This recipe is Candida-friendly! :)
-Add pumpkin seeds or raw cashews as "croutons". Yum!
I want to share our "dirty popcorn" formula we serve at planet sauna detoxification!! Check out our other website: www.purelyyoudetox.com
Please use air popped corn that is organic, non gmo and as it is filling the bowl drizzle oil combined with your favorite herbs. We use oregano, basil, an herb blend, salt and pepper. You can vary this to a sweet flavor by adding stevia ( the green herb) to the mixture. You make the organic olive oil or cold pressed or Spanish olive oil a bit thick with the herbs. You?ll find the concentration you like the best.
This is a good way to get more oil in your diet. Yes, organic cold pressed oils of all kinds help you lose unwanted pounds as your body feels nourished and is able to burn more toxic laden fat tissue. Oils help rebuild damaged tissues and when your body gets the nourishment it needs you will lose weight.
Stop by and I will fix you some!! Coleen
With children or adults who have touchy stomachs or attitudes you could try these ideas and see if it helps.
For children I often refer to their dinner protein as dinosaur and their vegetable as dino swamp treats. Most kids are into dinos and this works, if your child has other animals they admire use those.
Using organic only please, select various veggies, like carrots, celery, parsley leaves with apple is a good start. I put chunks into the food processor and pulse it until it is reduced to crumbles like big pieces of pepper from a pepper mill. I do not puree it.
Add vitamin C powder, or lemon juice to stop the oxidative damage, you could also add a little salt for flavor, and store in a glass container. You can serve them as “sprinkles” over mashed potatoes and get your children to eat more veggies this way. You can add them to a bed of your child’s favorite lettuce and you will find they eat them. You can sprinkle them on chili or in soups as a topping. You could also add them to sandwiches in place of lettuce for contrast with your meats or mushrooms or avocados. You can add them to smoothies too.
If you come with new ideas to pass along please email us and let us know and we will post your suggestions.
If you have a weight problem you know you need to eat less and exercise more. Here are three things you can do to make your weight loss much faster. Eat only fresh foods, nothing prepared in a box or saved in a way the necesitates the use of preservatives.
Leave 5-6 hours between meals, no snacks. In order to make that easy do not eat anything with MSG and its many other names. Call us and we will mail you the list of other names used in food processing. No fast food, it all has MSG galore in it. MSG affects the way your body produces insulin.
It is purposely added to processed foods to make you crave more of the processed foods. It is used to create obesity in laboratory animals to they can study obesity.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov has the dirt on msg, search msg and obesity. If you are going to cheat on your diet and eat processed foods or homemade sweets do it only once and for one half hour during a day. In that way you only drive your insulin levels into the killer zone one time in a day.
Call us if you do not have access to the internet and we will send you the data available at the above mentioned sites. Good luck and great fresh food eating!!! Make it organic every chance you get.